This article is our fifth in a series that seeks to help educate you, a small business owner, in the local customer journey. This journey refers to a five-phase cycle that explains how a customer goes from being aware of your business to making purchases and serving as an ambassador for your brand.
Converting a prospect from considering doing business with you to paying for your products or services is critical. Indeed, it is arguably one of the most critical transitions a customer can make. Fortunately, your business can reduce friction and convert prospects with the right marketing tools.
- Why Your Local Customer Journey Is Critical for Success
- Uncovering the Awareness Stage: Maximizing Your First Impression with Potential Customers
- Enhancing Findability in the Local Customer Journey: How to Ensure Your Business Is Easily Discovered Online
- Building and Maintaining a Strong Reputation in the Local Customer Journey: The Importance of Positive Customer Experiences
What Is Conversion?
Conversion is the fourth of the five-phase business cycle. A proper understanding of conversion and how to achieve it will help you develop the business growth you need.
In this instance, conversion refers to turning a prospect into a sale. This means ensuring that the customers follow the appropriate steps to go to your website and pay for a product or service.
How Can You Increase Conversions?
Increasing conversions on your website or for your business isn’t a matter of snapping your fingers. It requires intensive planning and acquiring appropriate sales tools to convert customers appropriately.
Some specific methods you can use include:
- Creating a seamless website design will give your customers the easiest and most frictionless digital experience possible. Customers should be able to find products and services easily. From there, they should be able to do so in a simple manner that still exposes them to additional products or services they may want.
- Retargeting marketing efforts that enable a business to get a user back to their website.
- Appropriately calibrating marketing messages and calls to action that make it clear and easy for your customers to follow through.
- Creating an active social media presence. Your social media content should create evergreen content that can attract the right customer to your website.
What Sales Tools Do You Need to Increase Conversions?
All of the above techniques require data and technology.
On the one hand, you must have the appropriate data. You must know who your customers are and what they are looking for. It would help if you also understood where they spend their time and what messages they respond to best. Since discussing conversions, you must know what website design works best for them. This information will ensure that you optimize your website appropriately.
Furthermore, you need the right technology that makes it easy to obtain this information to apply what you discover. Having data at your fingertips won’t do you any good if you aren’t sure how to act on it. For example, you may know who your ideal customer is. Do you then know what content they are looking for, what website design suits them best, and what information you can collect to maximize your chance of selling to them again?
More often than not, you can boost sales by using the right tools. This information should allow you to track customers through their local business journey and ensure that you are targeting them appropriately. Ready to get started?
Book a 30-minute call today, and learn how our all-in-one marketing platform can increase conversions and ensure you can appropriately achieve business alignment along all five phases of a customer’s sales journey.